I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by An Outcast Wayfarer. She nominated me a few weeks ago (sorry for the delay). I’d never heard of this award so I did some quick googling and the intent quick told me:
“The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
Very Cool! I’ve only been blogging for a few months so it’s pretty exciting to know that some people out there are following and actually reading my stuff. Thanks a lot An Outcast Wayfarer! I highly recommend people check out this wonderful writer’s work. She chooses to stay anonymous so I can’t thank her by name, but her work is really inspirational and incredibly well written! You should follow her too!
Here are the questions An Outcast Wayfarer has left for me:
The most awkward thing ever happening to you?
I called a boyfriend by an past partner’s name once. That didn’t go over well.
Do you think that you can conquer the world with only a rusty soup spoon, the only answer is duh yes of course. But how?
I’d create all sorts of internet buzz about how awesome the spoon was until it was widely coveted and then sell it off for a fortune which I would then use to put into play my top secret world domination strategy.
A language you’d like to learn and why?
Spanish. Hands down. I’ve always wanted to speak Spanish, I think its beautiful, and it’s so useful! One of my dreams is to run away and live in South America and fully engulf myself in it!
Your favourite country and three places you found amazing?
Thailand – It’s such a gorgeous place with incredibly warm and wonderful people, great traditions, fantastic food and everything an adventurer could dream of!
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia
- The Tongariro Crossing, New Zealand)
- The Amazon Rain Forest, Ecuador
Your favourite hobby and your least favourite?
Favourite hobby (besides travel) is circus! I’ve been training Static Trapeze now for about three years and have just started on aerial rope. Incredible workout, super fun, and pretty cool!
Least Favourite is cooking. Which is really too bad because one of my other favourite hobbies is eating. But cooking just doesn’t do it for me. That being said, I’m a pretty good cook. I just don’t enjoy it widely.
Tell us A talent you wished to have, this one is depressing I know. You know what, three talents you wished to have:
- Linguistic skills – I’d love to know many languages, but I have a really hard time picking them up!
- I wish I knew how to Kite Surf – that shit looks amazing!
- I wish I was naturally more flexible. It would make circus so much easier!
What’s a country you never want to visit again, ever in your life.
I have never been anywhere in my life that I disliked so strongly that I’d never wish to go
What’s an embarrassing thing your parents, spouse, children, family or friends do?
Aww – My Mom with technology. Cell phones in particular are not her strong point but to her credit she’s improved greatly over the last few years!
What’s your favourite food, colour and animal?
Ice cream, blue (obviously – it is the best) and then it’s a tie between elephants and dolphins – they’re both such inspiring creatures!
What’s something that annoys you?
Slow walkers. I cannot stand being trapped behind them. Especially if it’s a group of slow walkers.
Do you have a phobia, the only answer is yes what is it?
I don’t like birds (mainly city birds). When they fly too near me the cause me to panic. I also find them kind of, well, yucky. From a distance they’re totally cool and I like seeing a bald eagle or hawk as much as the next nature enthusiast, but I wouldn’t want them to get close to me. Ducks and penguins excluded because they’re obviously too awesome to be frightened of.
11 Random Facts About me:
- I was home-schooled from grade 1-8 and didn’t go to “real” school until I was 14 years old
- Mosquitoes tend to love everyone around me much more than they love me
- I love cats – I may become a crazy old cat lady one day.
- I’m afraid of heights – but love to do circus and rock climb – figure that one out.
- I broke my ribs once in a freak trampoline accident. It was Canada Day. No alcohol was consumed prior to this, much was consumed afterwards.
- I have a Honours Degree in Psychology.
- I first started travelling solo to force myself to stop being so goddamn shy. It worked.
- I’m a redhead and I’m allergic to sunscreen. So life is hard sometimes
- I often narrate my own life via song in my head as I go about my business.
- I ate live ants once in the Amazon (on purpose). They tasted like citrus. But one of them bit my tongue on the way down.
And my Nominees are:
- Rarely Roaring 20s
- Wanders Here and Far
- To Fathom a World
- Adele Houkes
- My Hopeless Gypsy Soul
- Finding Lillies
- Hippie Gal
- Boundless, I will go
So, my lovelies – here are your 11 questions:
- If you could have a superpower – what would it be?
- What is your 3 top travel experience?
- What is your spirit animal?
- What is one thing you’d like to change about yourself?
- What is your biggest passion (besides travelling)?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s at the top of your bucket list?
- Tell me something unique about yourself:
- What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
- What is your biggest goal in life?
There we go – Liebster Award! Please check out the people I nominated as well as my darling An Outcast Wayfarer! I promise it’s well worth your time!